Written by Human Resources on 17th February 2017. Posted in: Current vacancies
The Royal Foundation of St Katharine are looking for a Yurt Café Manager.
This is a permanent role, 40 hours per week on average. You will be joining a team of three as the Yurt Café Manager, Operations Director is the Line Manager for this role.
The Royal Foundation of St Katharine is a unique and special place to work. St Katharine’s has a warm engaging culture, the people who thrive here are team players prepared to work hard in support of each other and the Charity. A strong Ethos creates a calm peaceful environment for both the people who work here and visitors.
St Katharine’s House welcomes Meeting & Events for up to 120 people throughout nine meeting rooms and a series of Retreats. Some of the meeting rooms are Georgian, Grade II listed and some are well equipped moderns rooms, all surrounding a beautiful garden oasis. There are 47 Retreat bedrooms. St Katharine’s Precinct establishes a strong community connection with a Community Hub, Artists Studios, Soul Space and London’s only Yurt Café, Winner of Time Out Love London Award.
All RFSK staff are paid a minimum of the London Living Wage. The hourly rate for this role is £12.00.
Please find the main responsibilities for the role below.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV to [email protected] by Thursday 29th March 2018. Please note that we will interview candidates prior to the deadline so early application is advised.
Any offer of employment will be conditional based up the receipt of two references and a Basic DBS Disclosure that is satisfactory to The Royal Foundation of St Katharine.
As part of a larger effort of community engagement and service, the Café Supervisor will be responsible for running the Café on a day to day basis and for creating a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere and providing the highest quality of customer care. This may include any aspect of café operation including equipment, facilities, health and safety, customer-care, training and administration.
- To set and maintain a warm, confident and efficient service in the Café and ensure the Café environment is welcoming, presentable and safe at all times.
- Responsible for the presentation of the food and beverages offered for sale.
- Regularly review the F&B products on offer and provide new ideas and suggestions.
- Monitor customer satisfaction and contribute to the ongoing development of the café with respect to assisting with forward planning and marketing activity.
- Drive and encourage a climate in which innovation and creativity are encouraged and new ideas implemented and rewarded.
- Direct and guide the café team and ensure excellent performance by staff under your supervision.
- Identify training needs which will benefit the provision of the café and participate in training sessions as required.
- Deal with any customer service related complaints in an appropriate and professional manner in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness ensuring that the café remains a clean and pleasant eating and drinking environment at all times.
- Ensure café equipment is maintained appropriately and in good working order. Be prepared to deal with external companies when appropriate.
- Ensure staff are trained to use café equipment in the correct manner.
- Responsible for control of stock and keeping wastage to a minimum by using appropriate measures.
- Follow carefully the RFSK standards on being environmentally friendly.
- Ensure all financial transactions are completed according to company directives.
- Responsible for all relevant administration in line with company policy.
- Participate in the annual performance review and other targets, monitor achievement on a regular and consistent basis in accordance with RFSK’s employee performance system.
- Ensure full compliance with all Health and Safety legislation.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of supervising staff in a food service environment.
- Food Safety Level 2.
- Trained to Barista level.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal and the confidence to deal with people at all levels.
- Ability to train others towards excellence.
- Be First Aid at Work trained or be willing to attend training to become a First Aider.
- Experience of working in a social enterprise café or similar.
- Marketing experience.
- Committed to excellent service of all customers and the local community.
- Drive and initiative to contribute to the success of the café.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- Resourceful and self-motivated.
- Flexible with regards to working hours.
- Sociable towards all groups in society.
- Ability to take feedback and direction.
- Ability to live the RFSK Ethos.
- Passion for people.