Written by Human Resources on 2nd May 2017. Posted in: Current vacancies
The Royal Foundation of St Katharine is recruiting a Chef to join our Kitchen and Cafe team.
Chef Job Description
40 hours per week on average, working 5 days out of 7. The post holder will be required to work every weekend, with 1 weekend off a month on average. The role also includes working on public holidays. 60% of hours will be worked in St Katherine’s House Kitchen and 40% in the Yurt Café.
£25,000 per annum pro rata
28 days per annum pro rata
Catering assistants and kitchen porters
Assisting the Head Chef in ensuring an efficient and economic production in the areas of the Kitchen.The role is accountable for the delivery of food services to standard, the development and well-being of all Kitchen employees and the optimal maintenance of the Kitchen.
- To assist the Head Chef in the smooth running of the kitchen to include-preparation,cooking and presentation of all foods.
- To deputise for the Head Chef in their absence.
- Produce consistently high class menus and cuisine for all guests,taking responsibility for food service on a regular basis.
- To ensure all food served to the customer is of the highest quality, as requested by the Head Chef.
- To work in each section of the Kitchen as required and to the expected standards.
- To assist in the creation of inspirational menus,based on client requirements.
- To monitor the quality of food preparation,presentation and service by all kitchen staff.
- To ensure the required standards of cleanliness and food hygiene practices are maintained in all areas.
- To assist with checks of the kitchen,reporting any problems to the Head Chef.
- To check off food deliveries as required,ensuring all food delivered is of the highest quality and the appropriate delivery record sheets are completed and signed.
- To assist with stock controls and checking deliveries and to assist with stocktaking as requested.
- To ensure that all staff have a working knowledge of the equipment within the kitchen.
- To ensure a cleaning program is in operation for all staff to understand and complete as required.
- To keep abreast of changes in market trends within the industry and conduct research as requested.
- To carry out any reasonable request made by a member of management in a timely and cost effective manner.
- To be fully conversant in cost control and pro-actively promote accurate stock levels, stock purchase and stock rotation
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com by Friday 23rd June 2017. Please note that interviews may take place before the deadline and so early application is advised.
We look forward to hearing from you.