Written by Human Resources on 28th February 2018. Posted in: Current vacancies
The Royal Foundation of St Katharine are looking for a Room Attendant to join our Housekeeping Team.
This is a casual work, hours will be based on business needs. You will be joining a team of three Room Attendants, one Assistant Head Housekeeper and one Head Housekeeper, who is the Line Manager for this role.
The Royal Foundation of St Katharine is a unique and special place to work. St Katharine’s has a warm engaging culture, the people who thrive here are team players prepared to work hard in support of each other and the Charity. A strong Ethos creates a calm peaceful environment for both the people who work here and visitors.
St Katharine’s House welcomes Meeting & Events for up to 120 people throughout nine meeting rooms and a series of Retreats. Some of the meeting rooms are Georgian, Grade II listed and some are well equipped moderns rooms, all surrounding a beautiful garden oasis. There are 47 Retreat bedrooms. St Katharine’s Precinct establishes a strong community connection with a Community Hub, Artists Studios, Soul Space and London’s only Yurt Cafe, Winner of Time Out Love London Award.
All RFSK staff are paid a minimum of the London Living Wage. The hourly rate for this role is £9.75.
Please find the main responsibilities for the role below.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV to [email protected] by Tuesday 3rd April 2018. Please note that we will interview candidates prior to the deadline so early application is advised.
Any offer of employment will be conditional based up the receipt of two references and a Basic DBS Disclosure that is satisfactory to The Royal Foundation of St Katharine.
- Cleaning and maintaining assigned number of guest rooms and bathrooms in the required amount of time and within set guidelines.
- Responsible for assigned guest room amenities as per set guidelines.
- Able to deal with a high level of physical demands, for example turning mattresses, carrying luggage and moving pieces of furniture on a regular basis along with other tasks that may be asked of you by other supervisors/managers.
- Cleaning public areas as required.
- Undertaking regular deep cleaning
- Restocking and maintaining housekeeping equipment.
- Disposing of waste accordingly and within set guidelines.
- Managing guest requests in a timely and efficient
- Following lost property
- Assisting other departments wherever necessary and maintaining good working relationships.
- Actively promoting the different standards of the hotel guest rooms and subsequent upgrades of
- Maintaining the high standards of the business at all times.
- Alerting your supervisor of any damage loss, wear and tear to any of the hotel’s fixtures, fittings, furnishings and electrical
- To promptly and efficiently carry out tasks required by supervisors/managers.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for the right person to put down roots in a stable, community based charitable organisation. The Royal Foundation of St Katharine is an equal opportunities employer.
We look forward to hearing from you.