Written by Human Resources on 30th May 2019. Posted in: Current vacancies
The Royal Foundation of St Katharine is looking for a weekend Yurt Café Assistant.
This is a zero hours contract role, with the possibility of extra hours during busy periods and holidays. You will be joining a very motivated and young team as the Yurt Café Assistant on a zero hour contract, mainly working during the weekend shifts.
The Royal Foundation of St Katharine is a unique and special place to work. St Katharine’s has a warm engaging culture, the people who thrive here are team players prepared to work hard in support of each other and the Charity. A strong Ethos creates a calm peaceful environment for both the people who work here and visitors.
St Katharine’s House welcomes Meeting & Events for up to 120 people throughout nine meeting rooms and a series of Retreats. Some of the meeting rooms are Georgian, Grade II listed and some are well equipped moderns rooms, all surrounding a beautiful garden oasis. There are 45 Retreat bedrooms. St Katharine’s Precinct establishes a strong community connection with a Community Hub, Artists Studios, Soul Space and London’s only Yurt Café, Winner of Time Out Love London Award.
All RFSK staff are paid a minimum of the London Living Wage. The hourly rate for this role is £10.55.
Please find the main responsibilities for the role can be found below.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV to [email protected] Please note that we will interview candidates prior to the deadline so early application is advised.
Any offer of employment will be conditional based up the receipt of two references and a Basic DBS Disclosure that is satisfactory to The Royal Foundation of St Katharine.
As part of a larger effort of community engagement and service, the Café Assistant will be responsible for creating a welcoming atmosphere and assisting with events, while maintaining a level of professional service in serving and selling food and drink, providing the highest quality of customer care and ensuring a friendly and inclusive café atmosphere.
- Provide a warm, confident and efficient service in the Café and ensure the Café environment is welcoming, presentable and safe at all times.
- Assist with the presentation of the food and beverages offered for sale.
- Actively participate in a vibrant community-centred area in which innovation and creativity are encouraged and new ideas implemented and rewarded.
- Deal with any customer service related complaints in an appropriate and professional manner in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness ensuring that the café remains a clean and pleasant eating and drinking environment at all times.
- Assist the Café Supervisor with the control of stock and keeping wastage to a minimum by using appropriate measures.
- Assist in ensuring café equipment is maintained appropriately and in good working order.
- Follow carefully the RFSK standards on being environmentally friendly.
- Ensure all financial transactions are completed according to company directives.
- Participate in the annual performance review and other targets, monitor achievement on a regular and consistent basis in accordance with RFSK’s employee performance system.
- Ensure full compliance with all Health and Safety legislation.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in a food service environment.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate with a range of people.
- Food Safety Level 2.
- Trained to Barista level.
- Experience of working in a social enterprise café or similar.
- Committed to excellent service of all customers and the local community.
- Drive and initiative to contribute to the success of the café.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- Resourceful and self-motivated.
- Flexible with regards to working hours.
- Ability to respect and appreciate diversity.
- Ability to take feedback and direction.
- Ability to live the RFSK Ethos.
- Passion for people.